That's the word from Peter Post, author of the book "Essential Manners For Men." Here are the behaviors he says you should forgive. Because after all, he's just a man--We found these in Glamour magazine.
Let it slide if:
- He puts your call on hold when he's at work and then forgets to come back. Sure it's annoying, but give him a break he's on the clock! And besides, once he realizes what he did, he'll totally make it up to you.
- He doesn't hold the door every time. No, chivalry isn't dead, but Post says the door thing really isn't a deal-breaker anymore.
- And finally, let it slide if he dances with other women at a wedding reception. This is a social thing, not an intimate one. As long as he dances with you, too share the wealth.
- He never, ever puts the toilet seat down. If you've sat on a germy, cold rim even once, it's time to have a chat.
- He interrupts you while you're on the phone. If your guy does this, he's being disrespectful. Tell him to wait his turn.