- Realize your insignificance. Even if you're the CEO, you're still only a spoke in the big wheel. Stop thinking everything depends on you.
- Let go. Make a master list of your responsibilities at work and at home, putting the most important duties at the top. Then draw a horizontal line through the middle of the list, and DON'T WORRY about doing the stuff below the line. This means only saying yes to the most important things.
- Another way to simplify your life: Eat the feast in the refrigerator. In Buddhist monasteries, it was the cook's duty to make the most sumptuous meal possible out of the available ingredients. In other words, use what you have rather than complaining about what you don't have.
- Another tip from I Village to simplify your life: Pretend you have just 3 friends.
- It may be impossible to whittle down your social life that far, but the point is that you may not be able to keep up with everyone. It doesn't make you a bad person to let go of some acquaintances, and it'll give you back your life! So ditch the relationships that aren't fulfilling.
And yet some of the advice to simplify may seem too extreme--Sell your house, quit your job, move to a commune. So here's some practical advice - small ways to simplify your life, courtesy of I Village .com: