Right off the bat, here's where you won't meet men:
- At cooking classes, or lessons on creative writing, jewelry making, or interior design.
- At charity events for terminally ill children.
- In yoga and aerobics classes. Why? All these activities usually attract more women than men.
- And you won't find many single men on a cruise unless it's specifically designed for singles.
- First, stop the negative thinking--In other words, dump thoughts like "I'm not getting any younger, I haven't met a man, and it's never going to happen!" If you appear negative or desperate, the single men will gravitate to someone else.
- Then, think of yourself as a taxicab. In other words, turn on your inner light, and show you're available. You'll get a lot more attention if you smile and seem approachable.
- Finally, when it comes to meeting men: Remember, they don't bite! Even the ones you think are really handsome and intimidating. So, don't wait for him to notice you--Say "hello" first. And don't walk away when he says "hi" back. If you'd like to go further, the book is Get Serious About Getting Married by Janis Spindel.