Is your partner having an affair?
Pardon my frankness, but sometimes people do run around behind their spouse's back, as wrong as that is. And if there's something rotten in paradise, you need to know.
So, here are the warning signs that your partner might be having an affair. These come from Dr. John Gray, author of he book "Men Are From Mars, Women are from Venus."
- They've withdrawn from friends and family.
- They're wearing new, hip clothes.
- They go to work early or come home late on a regular basis.
- You're not able to communicate with them over long periods of time.
- Their behavior is becoming secretive. They get angry if you use their computer, do their laundry or drive their car.
- And one more sign that your partner might be having an affair: They're defensive when you ask about these things. Be careful though. Gray says individually, any one of these signs can simply be a normal part of every day life.
Also, stress can cause anyone to change daily patterns and withdraw from the people who care about them the most. But if too many of these signs sound familiar, your relationship might be in trouble.
So what should you do if you suspect your partner is cheating? Gray says first and foremost, don't accuse them. Lashing out and saying hurtful things to your spouse will just make an uncertain situation worse. Truthfully, the only real way to know is to ask. Open, honest communication is the key to every successful relationship. But if your partner gets defensive or refuses to listen to your concerns, then it's time to take it a step further and get some counseling.
And remember this, even if you find out that your partner is cheating, it's better than not knowing and being taken advantage of.