Let me tell you about the latest trend in hotels. Mini-bars customized to suit your mood. It’s happening all over the world at places like the Catalina Hotel and Beach Club in Miami to the Dylan Hotel in Dublin, Ireland. And here’s the type of customized items you’ll find. We read about this on AOL.
- Take the Catalina Hotel in Miami. Starting at $50 dollars, guests can call ahead and order a customized mini-bar. Like for a romantic getaway, you’d get a Barry White CD, champagne, whipped cream, strawberries, and scented candles.
- There’s also the Rock Star mini-bar, that comes loaded with vodka, cigarettes, Krispy Kreme donuts, Red Bull, Visine and a chilled eye mask to use after a hard night.
- If you’re celebrating your 40th birthday or beyond, you can get a Nostalgia Mini-bar to reclaim your youth. It comes stocked with Ritz crackers, Fruit Roll-ups, spray cheese and candy cigarettes.
- At the Manhattan hotel “60 Thompson”, guests can get a ‘high-end’ mini-bar stocked with luxury “Voss” brand water, like all the rappers drink. Plus, pistachios, gummy bears in a fancy tin, and a “Do Not Disturb” CD that blocks out ambient noise.
- Also in New York City, at the Gansevoort Hotel, you can order a ‘guilt-free mini-bar’. It comes with cinnamon soy crunch nibbles, Coco Via bars – which are chocolate but have 100 milligrams of flavonoids, plus homeopathic antidotes for jet lag.
- And at the Camelback Inn in Scottsdale, Arizona, your customized health-conscious mini-bar includes: Japanese green tea, liquid vitamin shots, supplements and aloe vera gel.
So the next time you’re traveling, don’t be afraid to ask for a customized mini-bar to suit your needs. It’s the latest trend in travel.